It's on our hearts to speak on this topic about "What if my partner and I want different things?" as we have heard this from a number of the couples that we have mentored in the last few months.
This may seem like a depressing question to have come up, as it gives the feeling of "SHOOT" are we not on the same page?
This can even lead to the thought of: "is this not the right relationship for me?" Have no fear or dismay, at some point we think most couples will ask this question, as its just a natural function of life... expansion and growth. We are not the same people from year to year so why would your relationship stay the same?
This question just points to that it's time to revisit and clarify what you both desire and how that fits into your vision together.
1) What is your Couples Vision Statement?
2) What would you like more of in your relationship?
1) It's about asking better questions
2) The importance of clarity around your vision together
3) If something doesn't seem to be working, go more general
4) It's all about growth, so find out what area in life your partner is interested in growing themselves. This can be anything!
"Trade expectation for appreciation."
In gratitude, The Freemans